Each film coated tablets contains:
1.Cefpodoxime Proxetil IP 100 mg
Ofloxacin IP 100 mg
2.Cefpodoxime Proxetil IP 200 mg
Ofloxacin IP 200 mg
is an extended spectrum,third generation cephalosporin antibiotic. Bactericidal - Arrests the cell wall assembly leading to bacterial cell death.
is a chemotherapeutic antibiotic of fluoroquinolone class. Bactericidal - Inhibits the super coiling activity of bacterial DNA gyrase , halting DNA replication.
For the Treatment of Lower, Upper respiratory tract infection's and Typhoid fever in adults only & also helpful in Urinary tract infection's.
Excellent bacterial eradication with dually defined attack mechanisms,
Widened antibacterial spectrum and
Effective medication against Respiratory tract infections.
- Short course therapy for thypoid thereby prevents bacterial resistance.
- Prevents recurrence of infection.
- Cefpodoxime & Ofloxacin has highly efficient penetration into body tissues and fluids .
Thus, Microbiologic eradication rates in assessable patients were 92% for cefpodoxime and 86 % for amoxicillin - clavulanate.
- Drug- related adverse medical events:
Gastrointestinal complaints were the most frequently reported adverse event in amoxicillin clavalunate treated patient as a compared to those treated with
cefpodoxime ofloxacin combination.
- Active against S.pneumoniae , S.pyogenes and H.inflenzae in very low minimum inhibotory conc. (MIC's) as compared to amoxicillin clavalunate combination, These are the Organisms implicated in Respiratory tract infections.
- Cefpodoxime & Ofloxacin is an efficacous and better treatment for- Lower respiratory tract infections- Pneumonia,lung abscess and acute bronchitis.
- Pneumonia- inflammatory condition of the lung - ecpecially affecting the microscopic air sacs. Acute bronchitis- inflammation of the large bronchi(medium- size airways ) in the lungs. Lung abscess - is necrosis of the pulmonary tissue and formation of cavities containing necrotic debris or fluid caused by microbial infection. Upper respiratory tract infections(URI or URTI) Rhintis,Rhinosinusitis or sinusitis, Nasopharyngitis,Pharyngitis, Laryngotracheitis. Rhintis- is the irritation and inflammation of some internal areas of the nose. Sinusitis- is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, which may be due to infection or allergy. Pharyngitis- is an inflammation of hte throat or pharynx. Short course treatment of TYPHOID Typhoid fever is characterized by a slowly progressive fever as high as 40 C (104 F),profuse sweating and gastroenteritis.Less commonly , a rash of flat ,rose-colored spots may appear.
- Antibacterial Spectrum
- Fight against Respiratory tract infections
- Short course treatment for Typhoid Fever
- Mild skin rash
- CNS stimulation (eg, convulsions, nervousness, anxiety)
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Rarely: peripheral neuropathy.